Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mexico: Sighting Reported Via Facebook


Source: www.analuisacid.com
Date: 11 August 2011


Mexico: Three Luminous Objects and The Moon
By Ana Luisa Cid

A photo taken by Mario Enrique González

Eyewitness reported the sighting on Facebook as the event was taking place; another person also wrote that they were also seeing the phenomenon.

This is what Mr. Mario Enrique González told me: “That evening, while listening to Victor Camacho’s radio program (“Los Desvelados” – the night owls), I looked through my window and noticed the presence of three objects near the Moon. I had my cellphone handy, listening to the radio over it, so the first thing I did was activate the photo function, as I didn’t want to stop listening to the show. I took several photos, but only the first one turned out well. At that time my adult nephew went out, and ask me what [those things] were. He only got to see two of them – one had already gone away. They became tiny, reddish, then boom! They were gone. No detonation or sound whatsoever could be heard. We could only hear dogs barking; they were very upset. That’s how it happened, professor. I’m telling it to you in broad strokes. It was on Thursday, 11 August at 1:38 a.m. in Villa de Jilotzingo.”

Mr. González is a renowned skywatcher. He has documented the phenomenon on several occasions, mainly in communities of eastern Morelos State, such as Tepoztlán and Cuernavaca.

Photos can be seen at: http://analuisacid.com/?p=10390

(Translation (c) 2011, S. Corrales, IHU. Special thanks to Prof. Ana Luisa Cid)